Save Clifton Library – Why?
- Clifton Library is one of the most used libraries in the City
- A range of popular exercise classes take place in the upstairs room.
- Previous events hosted by the Friends have been very popular, demonstrating that there is a need for a place to socialise in the Village.
- Recent support for the petition has shown how much people want to keep the building open. Please sign it using the
Save Clifton Library – How?
- Use it! Every time an individual goes through the door, it’s counted and will be used
in the evaluation process undertaken by BCC.
- Book into the exercise classes
- Volunteer with the Friends.
the odd hour with FoCCaL to help put out chairs, maketea, put up posters, and so on. No need to join a committee, and it’s great, sociablefun
- Attend our varied and interesting events which you can read about in this brochure!
- Sign our petition here .
The threat to the Library
In 2015, Bristol City Council proposed cuts to library services, but widespread protests limited the changes to reductions in library hours. But the growing threat was clear and so FoCCaL was formed, and started to build a programme of activities and events and to try to develop an income stream to prepare for the future.
That future is here now. In June 2017, the council announced plans to close many libraries in Bristol, including Clifton Library, in an effort to make budget cuts of £100 million.